Sunday, September 21, 2008

Goodbye to a Good Friend!


I know that I just posted about my great-grandmother passing away, but we had another death in our own family. Our sweet Boxer, Macey, died yesterday. I'm not going to give a lot of details except that we left her outside on Friday during the day & when Johnathan got home she wasn't there. Now, there have been many times that she had jumped fence & gotten out but she always came back. We left friday night to go have dinner with my sister & her family thinking that when we got home she would be waiting on the front porch for us. She wasn't. Johnathan drove around our neighborhood for about 45 min. after we got home, but still no luck. Yesterday, Johnathan went to the side of our house to get a ball for the girls to play with & long story short Macey was in the corner. It has been soooooo hard on me. I can't stop crying!! She was such a sweet dog & soooo good with our girls! They loved her so much! I bought Macey for Johnathan while we were dating. He told me that there were 3 things he wanted before we got married: a house, a new truck, & a dog. He already had the house & truck so I thought I could help move things along & get the dog. We love you Macey & will miss you!








Addison & Macey

Bailey & Macey

8 comments:

Ingram Gang said...

I'm so sad for you :(

Tara said...

I'm sad for you too :( We just went through this about 4 weeks ago and I'm still thinking about our sweet Samantha!

The Johnsons said...

Our dog was ran over last Christmas. I wasn't really sure how to handle this topic with Jessilyn...she was quite amusing. When I told her Charlie was in heaven with Jesus, she said, "No he isn't. He's in Dad's truck!" (Randon was taking him to the pound). When I told her Charlie would have a healed body in heaven, she wanted to know if God would give him back to us when he was better. I love it!! How are the girls taking it?

Emily Suzanne said...

Hey Jill! I found your site through Sarah's list! It's so nice to be able to keep up with you guys. I can't believe the girls are getting so big! I still remember watching them in the nursery and even in the older class once they moved up at MH! they're just so beautiful!
Britt and I LOVE Boxers, this makes me so sad. We're praying for you guys as you go through this time of loss in your family.

Meg said...

So Sorry to hear about Macey. :( I remember meeting her at your house a few years ago. Boxer are probably my favorite dogs because they are so kind. I'm sad for you and the girls :(

Unknown said...

ive heard this story so many times but it still makes me cry...i miss you guys...lets get together when you get back in town!

The Johnsons said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday Dear JILL, Happy Birthday to you!! Hope you have a great day!!

The Wilsons said...

Tag, your it.