Saturday, September 20, 2008

"He who does not weep does not see." -Les Miserables

This week has been a tough one for my family. Early last monday morning we lost my 97 year old great-grandmother. She passed away in Stephenville, Texas where she lived her whole life. She was quite a lady! My sister & I drove down to Stephenville on Tuesday for the funeral on Wednesday. What a great time it was to see family that we usually only see at Thanksgiving & Christmas. Sarah & I went with my parents, grandparents & my Uncle Byron & Aunt Carol over to my Grammy's house on Tuesday night. Now, I didn't go to Grammy's much growing up but the memories I have of that house hadn't changed. It was so good to sit around & talk about some of the memories we have of her.


Just a few things about my Grammy:


*She had a farm where she had cattle she would tend to everyday up until a few years ago.


*She played the drums in a band while in her early 90's.


*She played softball while in her 80's.


*She would volunteer at the nursing home for the "senior citizens" while in her 90's. (Notice I put senior citizens in quotes b/c she never saw herself as one of those "old people".)


*She was driving up until her early 90's.

The last time I saw grammy was almost 3 years ago. We decided to take the girls down to see her & it was the first time Johnathan had met her too. I cherish that time I got to spend with her. The Legacy she left behind is one of commitment, hard work, & passion. I hope to carry on that Legacy. Thank you Grammy for loving life!

Me, Addison, Bailey, Grammy & My Dad (Dec. 2005)


The Leonhart's with Grammy (Dec. 2005)

The Jeff Jackson Family @ the Cemetary

Uncle Byron, Papa, Meemaw, Dad, Uncle Dwayne

Amanda, Brenna, Sarah, Me, & Laura (cousins)

0 comments: