Sunday, October 19, 2008

We're Back!

We got back this past Tuesday from a 10 day family vacation to North Carolina. This was our very first Family Vacation with the girls & we had a blast! Why North Carolina? Well.... I have a cousin (Brian Wybiral, on my mom's side) that got married on Oct. 4, there was a Nascar race the following Sat., & it was a great opportunity to catch a glimpse of the fall folliage. It was one of the best trips we have ever taken! I'm going to have to do a lot of small blogs to catch you up on everything we did & everywhere we went. I guess there is no better place to start than at the beginning. So..... here we go!

Day 1:
On Thursday we drove to Oklahoma City for our flight to Charlotte. We spent the night in OKC b/c our flight was at 5:30 am on Friday. Talk about early!!! We were up at 3:00 am to make it to the airport by 4:15 am. The girls did so good getting up that early. I think they were so excited about the "airplane trip" they didn't even know what time it was. (The only bad thing was that we had a couple of drunk guys in the room next to us who kept me & Johnathan up from
1:30 am-2:30 am. Johnathan finally had enough & called down to front desk & within minutes things were quite.) We got into Charlotte at 11:15 am. My dad & grandpa picked us up to go to my aunt & uncle's house about 1 hour away in Shelby, NC. My cousin's rehearsal & rehearsal dinner was that night so needless to say, it was a long day!! I don't think we went to bed until 12:30 am. So, here are some pictures from the first couple of days. Enjoy!!!

The girls at the hotel in OKC on Thursday. (Bailey Lt., Addison Rt.)

Addison with her ticket.

Addison & Bailey looking at the planes.

Bailey at the Atlanta airport waiting on our plane.

Johnathan & Addison with some of our luggage.



My cousin Brian and Brittney at the rehearsal. He loves to hunt so Brittney made a dress to wear for the rehearsal as a surprise for Brian. She even had an a bright orange veil. Aren't they so sweet together!!

The girls playing on the playground at the church. If you look really hard at the background you will see that there is a cemetery. That's right, a cemetery. You don't know how many times we had to tell the girls to stop playing on the tombstones; they thought they were so fun to climb on. (Just kidding!)

Another picture of the playground/cemetery.

My Dad, Mom, Me, Addison, Bailey, & Johnathan at the rehearsal dinner. Boy was that brisket good! Great job Joe! The best I've ever had! Also, great job on the potato salad Meemaw. Where did you get it again? Just kidding.

My Uncle Joe (my mom's brother) & Aunt Darla: some of the greatest people ever!! They were reading a blessing over Brian (their son) & Brittney.

2 comments:

Christina said...

I love the idea of letting them loose in a graveyard...what better way for your family to get to know the girls!

The Leonhart's said...

ok... I am laughing so hard!! isn't that the weirdest thing you have ever seen? we miss you guys!