Friday, February 6, 2009

A Yummy Recipe!

My friend Ashley (actually, she is one of my sisters close friends, but I can call her my friend too) is doing a recipe swap & has asked me to share one of my most favorite recipes. I'm actually not sure if she has tried this recipe, but apparently my sister has raved about it to her. I know the title may sound a little over the top but it is one of the easiest meals to make. I actually got the recipe from Johnathan's Aunt & Uncle in Plano when we visited them this past summer. I can't wait to hear what you think! Also, here is her blog if you want to go & check out the other recipes in the recipe exchange http://ingramgang.blogspot.com.

BRAISED CHICKEN IN SUN-DRIED TOMATO CREAM SAUCE
4 skinless boneless chicken breast, halved
2 tablespoon oil from oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
6 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1 cup dry white wine
2/3 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
Bowtie Pasta

Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to skillet and sauté until golden, about 4 minutes per side. Add garlic and stir 30 seconds. Add white wine, cream and tomatoes and bring to boil. Cover skillet, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until chicken is just cooked through, about 3 minutes. Transfer chicken to plates & cover to keep warm. Add basil to sauce in skillet. Increase heat and boil until sauce thickens enough to coat spoon, about 2 minutes. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper; spoon over chicken and serve over bowtie pasta. Serves 4.

2 comments:

Brennon said...

Hey Jill! I am definitely trying this. Thanks for sharing!
Brennon

Ingram Gang said...

I can't wait to try it!
Thanks for sharing. Do you use the sundried tomatoes in a jar? That is all I've ever used. I didn't know if there was a better kind.?.