Friday, February 13, 2009

Our Home Away From Home

So.... we just got back from our 10th trip (in 8 years) to Las Vegas & I am already ready to get back. We left last Saturday & came home Wednesday. My brother & his wife decided to join us as well as Johnathan's dad. We had such a great trip with everyone! Thank you mom & dad for watching the girls. What a blessing for us to get away and spend some time together. We stayed at the Palazzo (can't pass up free rooms) & it was unlike anything we have ever seen before. Here are a few, ok, a lot of pictures from the trip. Enjoy!
Our Hotel.
Our room.


SATURDAY:
Johnathan at a $5 Wheel of Fortune (one of his favorites!)

My Coconut Margarita at Gardunos. YUMMY!!!

Matt & Leah with their margaritas.


SUNDAY:
Us in the foyer of the hotel.

Matt & Leah outside of the waterfalls at the Wynn.

Playing slots at the Luxor.

The strip at night. So Beautiful!



The Jackson's in front of the Venetian Hotel.


Matt winning over $100 on a nickle slot. His face says it all; it was priceless!! After this he was hooked!
MONDAY:
Matt at Paris.


All of us at the Venetian. One of the most beautiful hotels!

Dinner with Michael at Spago! YUMMY!

My little brother & I.

The minus 5 bar at Mandalay Bay. Let me explain this bar.Everything at this place was made out of ice, even the glasses we drank our drinks out of. It was literally 5 degrees below zero but it was still soooo much fun! The longest we stayed in there was probably 30 minutes b/c we got too cold, even with the jackets on.

Tuesday
On Tuesday morning everyone left except for me & Johanthan. We decided to stay 1 more night & who wouldn't with a free room. Unfortunatley, I was up all morning with the flu(Johnathan had it the 3 days before me); however, we made it to the Broadway Production of Jersey Boys. It is about the music group from the 50's, 60's & 70's called Frankie Valli & the 4 Seasons (Walk Like A Man, Oh What A Night, Sherry, Earth Angle, Big Girls Don't Cry, Who Loves You are just a few of their songs). I know that this is not my generation of music but I have to say it is some of the best music I have ever heard (unfortunately, a lot of the songs Johnathan hadn't ever heard before. Sad isn't it?). Man they were good!! The show was one of the best shows we have ever seen. We have been talking about it non-stop since we got home. We can't wait to see it again!

0 comments: