Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree!

This year we (& when I say we, I mean me) decided to put up our Christmas tree the week before Thanksgiving. I know that is pretty early but I just felt like we weren't going to have as much time to enjoy it this year. I'm not sure why I felt like this but I did. So..... Johnathan got out all of our Christmas decorations, we turned on the Christmas music (yes a week early) & got to work. I had forgotten how small our Christmas tree is until we put it up. Now, let's remember just how small our house is so of course, we can't have a big tree. So in all honesty, it is the perfect size. I stood there & starred at it & almost started crying b/c of how small & boring it looked. See:


After I got over that, I decided to start stringing the lights. I decided to start at the bottom & work my way up (with the lights on) so that I could see where they were going. Of course, by the time I got about three-quarters of the way up the tree I was out of lights. So, we took all the lights off & decided to start from the top & work our way down. Guess what, about three-quarters of the way down I ran out of lights. By this time I had had it!! I almost had a breakdown! No lie. I went into my room & sat in the fetal position for about 10 minutes. After I had a little time to myself I came back out with a new strategy: just string them & see where they end up. (*For those of you who don't know me very well I can be a bit of a perfectionist. OK, maybe more than a bit. I am a little OCD which doesn't go well with stringing Christmas lights!) It seemed as though that plan had worked. After about an hour & a half our tree finally had lights. I think I told myself last year I wasn't going to ever light a tree again. How quickly I forgot!! Maybe next year is the year for a pre-lit tree! Here are few pictures of the girls "helping" light the tree. You will have to excuse their hair; they had just woken up from their nap & didn't want me to touch their hair. Enjoy!




5 comments:

The Wilsons said...

Stop appoligizing for their hair! I LOVE it when its down like this! (maybe that is part of your OCD???hmmm???? I can say that since Im your sister!) Maybe next year you can get a new tree and a new house???? I'll talk to John about that!

Ingram Gang said...

Where is the final product?
I like your little Christmas tree. Seeing the pictures of your clean, uncluttered house reminded me that I StILL need you to come over and help me organize and clean out 'stuff'. I said I would give you a 'treat', remember? ;)

Ingram Gang said...

p.s. I like their hair, too.

The Johnsons said...

I love the girls hair! I can't believe how long it is. Last time I saw them very reularly, it was just little spikes! Growing up....

gb said...

You are so cute! I too, love the girls hair and your tree. You might try putting it on a box or small table, next year or something. It always makes it feel BIGGER. Well, at least that is what we do sometimes with our petite tree that I totally love. Having to decorate a bigger one sounds a little overwhelming to me. I miss seeing you and hope we can hang out sometime soon!
Gretta