Friday, October 9, 2009

My Man: The Hunter & Fisherman

My cousin LOVES hunting deer & it just so happened to be bow hunting season while we were there. He asked Johnathan if he wanted to go deer hunting with him sometime while we were there. Johnathan had never hunted before but thought it might be fun to at least go out & sit with him. Before they left Johnathan had to change from his navy blue shirt & tan hat into something a little more "hunting appropriate", which meant he got to borrow a shirt from my uncle (which was a little too big) and a hat from Brian (which was also a bit too big). Needless to say, I couldn't stop laughing when I saw his new outfit. Nice! I think he loved the experience & the peace that only comes when you are in the middle of nature, but I'm not so sure he would take it up as a hobby. Here are a few pictures from that day. Enjoy!
Johnathan & Brian also went fishing one day. In the pictures below they are walking through a type of ivy called "Kutzu". I think it totally disgusting! It grows everywhere & on everything. I was told it can grow up to one foot a day. No Thanks! Unfortunatly, they didn't catch anything. Oh well, they had a great time anyways!

0 comments: