Sunday, July 26, 2009

A Page is Turned

So.....we have had quite the busy summer! The reason I haven't posted anything in the last month or so is because I haven't been sure where to start. I guess the best place to start is at the beginning! Here we go...
After our trip to Colorado Springs in June with my family we came home to a broken air conditioner. I don't think there is anything worse than that, especially in the middle of summer!! We ended up staying at my mom & dad's house for the night b/c we couldn't get anyone over to our house to fix the air conditioner until the next morning. The next day Johnathan got up & went on into work & told me that we would have someone over to the house sometime that morning to fix the air conditioner. It was around 10:30 am on Tuesday morning & I hadn't heard anything from Johnathan, so I decided to call him. He didn't answer his phone, so I just left a message. He called me back around 10:50 am and left me a message to let me know that he had been laid off from his job. Not exactly the message I was expecting to hear! However, after a few hours of me getting over the shock, we decided that this was not going to define us & that we were going to take full advantage of the time we were going to have together. We decided to go to Wichita Falls for a couple of days right after he was laid off, then off to Plano for 2 1/2 weeks. What an experience it has been!! We have really been able to see just how Faithful our God is & that he truly is our Provider. We have decided that this season in our life is truly His perfect timing & we are enjoying every single minute of it! Here are a few pictures from our trip to Wichita Falls at the end of June. Enjoy!

Here is Meemaw W. geting the girls ready for the pool! Our sweet girls enjoying a Dreamsicle!! Bailey jumping to DaddyWe went to see The Wizard of Oz at the Wichita Theatre. The girls really enjoyed it!!

0 comments: